Camelot Revisited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camelot Revisited

A roleplay based at the end of season one of Merlin.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Site Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arthur Pendragon
Admin
Arthur Pendragon

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Site Rules   Site Rules EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

The Obligatory Rule List:

1. When registering, please make sure that your username is your character's full name with spaces. So, for example, Arthur Pendragon.

2. Avatars must be of actual people. No flowers, animal, anime/manga characters, etc. For celebrities, make sure you check the Claimed List first.

3. If you want to use a last name but someone already has that name, you will need to ask their permission to use it. We don't want anyone falling out needlessly. If you are uncertain as to whether your name is taken or not, feel free to owl me and I'll let you know as soon as I can.

4. THE CHATBOX MUST REMAIN A FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL WHO ARE ON AT ANY GIVEN TIME. This means, if cussing bothers a person a lot, be understanding enough to refrain. If a certain sort of humor, particular that of a lewd nature, bothers someone, save it for another time. WE HAVE HANDLERS OF ALL AGES, FOLKS. They need to feel free to chat as well. Most of all, if something does bother you, say so outright. If someone tells you, 'Please, don't', kindly listen. There's no reason we shouldn't all be able to get along, here. Just be understanding of one another.

5. All powers and special abilities MUST be cleared by an Admin. If in doubt, ask.

6. Swearing... Honestly? I don't really care if you cuss. All I ask is that you be circumspect. Remember that we do have younger members.

7. Sexual content... Well, first off, sex is banned to any and all students. No exceptions. Otherwise, I think this is where 'be circumspect' comes in again. And maybe post warnings at the beginning of the thread.

8. You have to be active on this site. If your can't post at least twice a week, then please don't join. Things will be moving fast and you wont be able to keep up otherwise. Also, this will stop other characters from getting to know yours, which isn't fair. You can have as many characters as you can keep up with, but any that become inactive risk deletion. If for some reason, you can't post for a while, let us know by owling an Admin or by posting in the Away Thread.

9. Cruelty to animals is not allowed.

11. Abuse of one character by another is allowed to a certain extent. It is up to the person playing the character whether they allow your character to abuse them. No torture is allowed unless details are kept to a minimum.

12. No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus. No one should be made invisible or able to do something they shouldn't

13. Please avoid posting one liners. In order for this site to work we need good storylines. You can, however, post one liners when you are OOC (out of character).

14. No god-moding is allowed unless given you've been given permission by the character you wish to GM. God-moding means that you write in your post what another person's character does/is doing.

So no, 'Arthur pulled out his sword and stabbed the man instantly killing his enemy.' This is not allowed. The person playing the character has the right to decide whether their character dies or is hit by a spell or not.

'Arthur pulls out his sword and forces it in the direction of his enemy, hoping it would strike them.' This is acceptable, as it allows the other character to decide whether they dodge it or get hit.

15. Your character cannot be invincible. They can be tough and bad-ass, but everyone should get hit sooner or later. The Killing strike/ blow can be dodged as many times as desired, however. It's your right to keep your character going as long as you like.

16. No bullying. Everyone has a right to be here. Obviously, some characters are evil - do keep that in mind.

If you don't understand any of the rules or have some questions about what is or isn't acceptable, please owl an Admin, either myself or Merlin and we will answer all your questions.
Back to top Go down

Site Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camelot Revisited :: Welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated :: Information :: Rules-
Jump to: